Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

To market To market to Buy a ...........




Boy do we love the Farmers Market in this area. We are extremely lucky to have so many to choose from. My eldest daughter G has asked me to crochet her up a Market Bag. She just happened to have some yarn from a project that she no longer had an interest in making. She also just happened across the pattern that she want me to use. How convenient for her.  Just kidding ( I think)

The pattern that she choose is at  LION BRAND They have 9 patterns to choose from, this one is the 4 ball Market Bag. The yarn that G brought to me was 2 100% acrylic yarns in Loops and Threads - Impeccable in True Gray and Black. The pattern calls for a cotton so I made a few adjustment with the hook size and # of rows to make it look right. 



I think it turned out very well and quite sturdy. (It is holding two full 2 litter bottles of  tonic). G was pleased with it and has already requested a few more. She will be picking up some cotton in more cheery colors. (Thank You) But I do believe that she will have to wait in line, for I have already decided that I would like to sport around a couple of my own to the local Farmers Market.

So what do you think? What do you look for in a Market bag? Do you have a favorite pattern you would like to share? Until next time I'd like to say Thank You for stopping by.

Shannon
At 112th Street

1 comment:

  1. It's cute but I agree about the colors.

    ReplyDelete